About our Internship Program
WaterFire Providence’s interns are given an up-close view of the inner workings of a major nonprofit organization dedicated to the ritual of renewal in a city through the magic of art and music, water, and fire. An internship at WaterFire Providence is a very unique experience that allows interns to work side-by-side with staff and members of the community to present an amazing and moving event.
Whether an intern is interested in learning more about the workings of a nonprofit, or about art, theater, music, or community, an internship at WaterFire Providence combines them all.
A WaterFire Providence intern will finish his or her internship with experience in many areas: nonprofit public arts administration, fundraising, event planning, and a better understanding of the intersection between art/culture and community.
Check out the WaterFire Intern Tumblr for a look behind the scenes of day-to-day operations at WaterFire Providence!
WaterFire is following the guidelines of the CDC and the RI state governor in regard to the COVID-19 virus. Most internships include remote work and in-person hours at the WaterFire Arts Center.
- The ability to confidently take and follow directions, as well as multitask
- Experience with Google Docs/Sheets, Google Calendar, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Interns are expected to be outgoing on social media and to represent the Internship Program on our blog and on Instagram
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to work independently and with others
- Access to a car and a valid driver’s license is preferable
- A genuine interest in art, culture, community, and WaterFire’s mission
How to Apply
We accept internships on a rolling basis throughout the year. To apply for an internship position, please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. You can also apply for these opportunities on JoinHandShake.com. Please include the internship you are interested in applying for in your cover letter.
All WaterFire Providence internships are hosted at the WaterFire Arts Center, 475 Valley Street, Providence, RI 02908. Full-time and Part-time internships are available during Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer terms. Times vary and are flexible – please inquire for details.
For more information about interning at WaterFire contact Gary Saint Laurent.
All WaterFire Providence internships are unpaid. Internships may be done for academic credit, career exploration, or service learning.
- Arts Management Internship
- Creative Services Internship
- Development Team Internship
- Events and Operations Internship (Summer)
- Spring, Fall, & Winter opportunities in the Events & Operations department are coming soon.
- Facilities Management Internship
- Nonprofit Management Internship
- Venue Experience Internship
- Volunteer and Event Management Internship
Behind the scenes with the interns of the #nonprofit arts organization @waterfireprov doing all the things at the @waterfireartscenter