Supervisor: Peter Mello, Managing Director
Term: Fall / Winter/ Spring / Summer
Full and Part-time positions available; flexible scheduling
Compensation: Unpaid | May be for academic credit, career exploration, or service learning
Mission Statement of WaterFire Providence:
WaterFire Providence’s mission is to inspire Providence and its visitors by revitalizing the urban experience, fostering community engagement and creatively transforming the city by presenting WaterFire for all to enjoy.
The Intern selected for this internship will work alongside the Managing Director, Community Relations Manager, Management Assistant, and Development Team of WaterFire Providence assisting in special projects and grant-related research and writing. The Intern will assist in the development of new ways of developing community partnerships in social media and the business community. The intern will also work on special projects and take part in research based on the needs of the organization. The intern’s primary focus will be on looking for avenues to make the organization more sustainable and accessible to the public. This is a great opportunity for a student interested in pursuing a career in arts administration and management.
The intern will work very closely with the Managing Director, Community Relations Manager, Management Assistant, and Development Team in the Office and during WaterFire events.
- Work on special projects and research based upon the needs of the Managing Director and organization
- Research possible grant and business opportunities
- Explore underutilized uses of technology to make the organization more efficient
- Occasionally manage volunteers during special events
- Must be passionate about learning and growing professionally and personally
- Must be able to balance working in a team as well as independently
- Must have sound communication and listening skills
- Must be organized and able to work to a plan and deadlines
- Must have a genuine interest in the power of art to build and impact the community
- Must have working knowledge and/or interest in grantmaking and fundraising
- Must have a strong working knowledge of computers and the use of the internet
- Must be a strong writer and have effective verbal communication skills
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please make sure to specify the term you are applying for.