Supervisors: Ed Cabral, Director of Sponsorships and Corporate Relations, Bess Butterworth, Philanthropy Manager, and Nicole Nehiley, Community Relations Manager
Term: Fall / Winter / Spring / Summer
Full and part-time positions available; flexible scheduling.
Compensation: Unpaid | May be used for academic credit, career exploration, or service learning. Applicants are encouraged to check with their Career Center for possible funding resources from their college or university.
Mission Statement of WaterFire Providence:
WaterFire Providence’s mission is to inspire Providence and its visitors by revitalizing the urban experience, fostering community engagement, and creatively transforming the city by presenting WaterFire for all to enjoy and curating world-class art experiences at the WaterFire Arts Center.
WaterFire seeks a highly motivated, detail-oriented student who is energetic, a team player, and results-oriented. This intern will work directly with the Development team and will be involved in many aspects of WaterFire. They will learn not only how a nonprofit arts organization operates, but also gain valuable skills and insights into marketing, fundraising, public relations, major gift-giving, and special projects. According to WaterFire’s needs, the intern could also gain experience in researching, tracking, and writing grants, developing community partnerships, and executing fundraising events. They might also gain experience in maintaining and expanding private donor support, researching prospects, and developing individualized prospect strategies.
- Assist with all aspects of major gifts stewardship
- Take detailed and precise notes
- Assist with the planning and execution of fundraising events for major gift donors and prospective donors
- Assist with data entry, research, mailings, filing, and other skilled administrative tasks related to WaterFire’s philanthropy and fundraising activities
- Research and present ideas that are cost-saving, can increase funding, and will support the mission of WaterFire Providence
- Organize, prepare, and track sponsorship event materials and communications including eNewsletters, press releases, website content, email blasts, social media, phone calls, etc.
- Assist with outreach to volunteers, media contacts, corporate partners, and Brazier Society Members
WaterFire is a seasonal event and responsibilities will vary accordingly per the discretion of the WaterFire Providence administration.
- Must have superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Be able to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously with great attention to detail
- Be professional in dealing with a variety of people
- Have a genuine interest in art, culture, and community, and WaterFire
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word), and Google Drive, and have general computer and internet proficiency
- Have a sense of humor and a positive outlook!
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please make sure to specify the term you are applying for.