Supervisors: Jose Docen, Building, and Operations Associate
Eric Portrais, WFAC Facilities, and Exhibitions Associate
Term: Fall / Winter / Spring / Summer
Full & part-time positions available; flexible scheduling.
Compensation: Unpaid | May be used for academic credit, career exploration, or service learning. Applicants are encouraged to check with their Career Center for possible funding resources from their college or university.
Mission Statement of WaterFire Providence:
WaterFire Providence’s mission is to inspire Providence and its visitors by revitalizing the urban experience, fostering community engagement, and creatively transforming the city by presenting WaterFire for all to enjoy and curating world-class art experiences at the WaterFire Arts Center.
WaterFire Arts Center seeks a resourceful, creative, and detail-oriented person, to assist with the general operations of the facilities inside our center Center. The Facilities and Building Management intern will work alongside the Building and Operations Associate and the WFAC Facilities and Exhibitions Associate to ensure successful events for all. Interns in this department can expect to learn all about what it takes to maintain and operate a large-scale venue, which may include event preparation, basic electrical, audio, and visual engineering, and woodworking.
Interns will Gain Experience in:
- Building management
- Event Preparation
- Building operating systems
- Basic woodworking
- Basic electrical, audio, and visual engineering
- Basic electrical repair
- Must be a self-motivated and confident hard worker
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Be comfortable lifting 30lbs and standing for long periods of time
- Be responsible and have a strong sense of professionalism
- Have a genuine interest in art, culture, and community, and WaterFire
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Have a sense of humor and a positive outlook!
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please make sure to specify the term you are applying for.