Supervisor: Laura Duclos, Creative Services Director
Term: Fall / Winter / Spring / Summer
Full-time and part-time positions available; flexible scheduling.
Compensation: Unpaid | May be used for academic credit, career exploration, or service learning. Applicants are encouraged to check with their Career Center for possible funding resources from their college or university.
Mission Statement of WaterFire Providence:
WaterFire Providence’s mission is to inspire Providence and its visitors by revitalizing the urban experience, fostering community engagement, and creatively transforming the city by presenting WaterFire for all to enjoy and curating world-class art experiences at the WaterFire Arts Center.
This intern will work directly with the Creative Services team. They will be involved in many aspects of WaterFire, for the purpose of learning not only how a nonprofit arts organization operates, but also how we can collectively communicate our message and vision. The intern will gain experience in branding and merchandising, marketing, social media engagement, visitor communication, graphic design, production, project research, retail experience (in our WFAC store), and archiving photographic collections.
- Research and design various promotional material
- Research and strategize projects with the WaterFire Staff
- Assist in the management of the WaterFire Store and other fundraising efforts
- Work closely with the lead graphic designer in the creation of new sponsorship, volunteer, event, and merchandise materials; web and print
- Attend WaterFire onsite and online virtual events throughout the internship
WaterFire is a seasonal event, and responsibilities will vary accordingly per the discretion of WaterFire Providence administration.
- Must be a confident manager and capable delegator
- Have sound communication and listening skills
- Be responsible and have a strong sense of professionalism
- Have a genuine interest in art, culture, and community, and WaterFire
- Have experience working with graphic design software: Adobe Creative Suite
- Have an interest in taking on artistic and feasibility research for special projects during events
- Be interested in using social media as a tool, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, and Tumblr
- Have a general sense of business and the ability to organize merchandise supplies
- Be a creative thinker, self-starter, and independent worker
- Be eager to learn and work with new social media strategies and tools
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please make sure to specify the term you are applying for.