[sc name=featured-caption name=”James Turner”]
The next full lighting of WaterFire will be Saturday, August 18th. The fires will be lit shortly after sunset (7:42 p.m.) and remain lit until MIDNIGHT.
This WaterFire lighting is sponsored by: Fidelity Investments & the Northeast Chapter of the American Association of Airport Executives
There are a lot of exciting special events at this weekend’s WaterFire.
6:15pm – 7:57pm – Capoeira Group performs on the Basin Stage
- Enjoy the Afro-Brazilian martial art of Grupo Ondas that combines fighting, dancing, acrobatics, and music into a “game” that is as breath-taking to watch as it is to play!
7:00pm – Midnight at the TD Bank Ballroom: Salsa Night!
- 7:00 – 8:00pm: Join us for a salsa lesson by Tony Felix and Jeannie Oki
- 8:00 – Midnight: Enjoy LIVE music by Ray Rivera con Sabor Latino and dance performances by groups Mambo Pa Ti andSalsa y Control
7:30pm – Bolivian Performers on the Confluence (off of Steeple St. bridge)
- A traditional pre-Columbian Aymara ritual of fire and water will be performed by Fraternidad Folklorica Boliviana
10:15pm – 10:30pm – Salsa performance on the Basin stage
- Raices Latin Dance group will perform to the WaterFire soundtrack
About the author
I've worked at WaterFire Providence since 2003. For the first 9 years of my career, I worked in the Production Shop learning all of the details that go into the physical production of the event. In 2012 transitioned to the role of managing WaterFire's social media and web presence. I now head up WaterFire Providence's digital projects including, web, social, databases, and our physical IT infrastructure.
Is there a raindate? I heard it will be raining.
Will there be Waterfire tonight(Aug.18) if it is raining?????
Hi Maureen and Virginia,
Sorry for the delay in responding. We get pretty occupied setting up on event days and don’t have the capacity to monitor comments here. We are working on additional solutions to deliver this type of information to people. Our Facebook page is always a great place to get frequently updated information about WaterFire. We also always post a weather update at the very top of the day’s event schedule page.
Short of a hurricane, we rarely cancel WaterFire because we do not want to disappoint the many people who travel from afar to experience it.
Thanks for commenting. We look forward to seeing you at WaterFire soon!