This page is updated continuously with new information. Please check back frequently!
WEATHER UPDATE: (Updated: 7/21/12 at 11:54 am) The weather looks perfect for tonight’s lighting! With temperatures in the 80’s during the day and 60’s into the evening.
The fires will be lit shortly after sunset (8:15 p.m.) and remain lit until MIDNIGHT.
Tonight’s Fire Sponsor is: Schneider Electric
WaterFire is proud to welcome back long time supporter and co-lead fire sponsor, Schneider Electric for the 2012 season.
“Schneider Electric is proud once again to support WaterFire which is such a cultural staple and an integral Providence experience.” – Laurent Vernerey Executive Vice President, Schneider Electric
WaterFire’s Evening Events:
5:00pm – 11:30pm
- The WaterFire Store at Canal Street buy a magnet, t-shirt, poster or local artist designed WaterFire pendant and support a great cause
6:00pm – 10:00pm – Along the River
- Need a place to relax? Come stop by the Yelp lounge on College Street and put up your feet!
- Visit the Dunkin’ Donuts sample tent on Washington Street for some samples of their great new Oreo Coolattas!
7:00pm – Midnight at the TD Bank Ballroom: Congolese Rumba
- 7:00 – 8:00pm: Dance lessons by Rumbafrica
- 7:00 – Midnight: LIVE performances and entertainment by Rumbafrica with DJ Emmery
- 9:30pm – Destiny Africa’s Children Choir hits the dance floor for a performance
- 11:00 pm – TD Bank will pick the winner of a $250 TD Bank Gift Certificate!
7:00pm – 10:00pm – Explore WaterFire Clue by Clue
- Check out any of the AT&T ‘hot spots’ throughout the park to help you jump start the WaterFire AT&T Scavenger Hunt
7:30pm – 8:15pm – Performance on Basin Stage
- Check out Destiny Africa’s Children Choir perform before the fires are lit
8:00pm – 10:00pm – Catch WaterFire Performers along the River
- Spogga, the fire dancer, skillfully dances amidst the sparks spinning fire along the river
- World War Memorial: Be mesmerized The Gargoyles and the Oracles from Ten31 Productions
- Stop by to see Andrew Anselmo, The Origami Guy making paper come alive in Market Square
- Catch Mime Artist Michael Grando portraying Pierrot (Pedrolino) from the Commedia del’arte, in his naive and everlasting quest to win the heart of a beautiful girl; he will be making his way up and down the river tossing visitors complimentary carnations which reflect the connection between life and art
Sunset (8:15pm) – 12:30pm
- 80 Bonfires on the River accompanied by WaterFire Music
Sunset (8:15pm) – 11:00pm
- Donate today by lighting a Luminaria
- Make it a Starry, Starry Night by wishing upon a star and become a part of the installation
- Special tonight! Show your support and be a part of the installation by donating and receiving a Ribbon of Light! There will be pink ribbons of light scattered among the station, winners will receive a $5 gift card for Dunkin Donuts. There will be one (1) special red ribbon of light which will give you and three (3) friends a VIP boat ride through the installation.
Other Events in Providence:
7:30pm – 10:30pm at Roger Williams National Memorial – Downtown Sundown Series
- Acoustic Music Concert with Katherine Quinn, Kayla Ringelheim, Joanne Lurgio; and the token male for the evening, Ed McGuirl
- Location: 282 North Main Street in Providence