[sc name=featured-caption name=”John Nickerson”]
Help us make this the best Christmas WaterFire ever! Sponsor a tree for WaterFire’s very special Christmas fire & festival of trees, on Friday, December 14, 2012, to benefit the Providence Rescue Mission.
With only a little more than two weeks left before the big celebration and Christmas tree lighting at WaterFire we are reaching out to our local businesses and individuals like you! Would you like to add your own light to the night for this joyful community event? Show your creativity, support your community, and help to bring the spirit of Christmas downtown this season!
What is the goal?
To fill Waterplace Park with the spirit and light of Christmas including a display of beautifully trimmed trees, decorated and sponsored by our local businesses and patrons like you! Join us in creating a winter wonderland at the Christmas WaterFire lighting on December 14th. All proceeds will support the Providence Rescue Mission and WaterFire Trees may be purchased back by sponsors or will be delivered to a family in need this Christmas.
How does it work?
- Make a $500 tax deductible contribution to WaterFire’s Festival of Trees for the very special Christmas WaterFire.
- Get creative! Gather your group together and start planning how you will be trimming your tree.
- Ready. Set. Decorate. Get your ornaments ready!
- Join us in Waterplace Park on December 14th between 11am – 3pm and you will be assigned to your 6-7ft. pre-lit tree supplied by WaterFire.
- Let the decorating begin!
- Your tree will be lit and on display for all to see at the Very Special Christmas WaterFire
- At the end of the night, you are more than welcome to bring your tree to your home or office to show off all your hard work or WaterFire will pack up your tree and it will be delivered to the Providence Rescue Mission for distribution to a family in need of some Christmas spirit.
- During the evening, a panel of judges will pick three winners in three different decorating catagories. What do you win? Well, bragging rights as one of the best decorated trees at the very special Christmas WaterFire lighting, and the satisfaction that you added your own spirit and light to the night for our community.
Don’t forget that we will also be looking for donations of new, unwrapped toys and gifts, food, clothing, and other items for the Providence Rescue Mission.
All proceeds go to the Providence Rescue Mission and WaterFire Providence.
Want to know more about the Christmas Fire? Visit our site waterfire.org/christmas.
About the author
Over the last 10+ years, alongside some incredible co-workers and volunteers, I've worked to build the organization that WaterFire Providence is today. As Director of Creative Services, my team and I work on visual communications, graphic design, the visitor experience, merchandising as well as project management for programming at the WaterFire Arts Center. Being a part of the 'Rhode Island' experience for tens of thousands of people is incredible and I have an intense pride in place for both Downtown Providence and the Valley neighborhood.