This year, after you’ve given thanks; gotten your doorbuster deals; surfed for cyber bargains, and finished all of the leftovers, try something new!
GivingTuesday is a new day for giving back that celebrates and encourages charitable activities that support non-profit organizations. Show your support for WaterFire Providence with a cool WaterFire themed Facebook Cover Photo and make sure to help us get the word out by joining our Thunderclap campaign.
Reasons to Give to WaterFire Providence…
- We are a free, family-friendly event
- Attracts over 1.5 million visitors to Providence since its creation in 1994
- Helps to educate visitors about Breast Cancer and Hepatitis C
- Is a non-profit organization that raises 85% of our 2 million dollars from non-governmental resources
- Celebrates the cultural diversity within our community
- Is an economic engine for the state of Rhode Island generating: $114 million in spending, $9.3 million in tax revenue, and 1.294 jobs annually
- Celebrates many diverse occupations that help build our community: teachers, police, veterans, hospital workers
- Brings the community together in a peaceful gathering to embrace art and enrich lives
Celebrate Giving Tuesday and tell us why you support WaterFire Providence
Please check out the GivingTuesday website to learn more about the nearly 7,000 partnership organization that are participating in this year’s #GivingTuesday and help spread the word about this new tradition of a day of giving.
If you are planning on supporting giving WaterFire during #GivingTuesday or if you have helped support us in the past please take a moment to leave us a comment below and tells us why you give. Let your generosity become an inspiration to others.
About the author
I've worked at WaterFire Providence since 2003. For the first 9 years of my career, I worked in the Production Shop learning all of the details that go into the physical production of the event. In 2012 transitioned to the role of managing WaterFire's social media and web presence. I now head up WaterFire Providence's digital projects including, web, social, databases, and our physical IT infrastructure.