Department Head: Peter Mello, coCEO & Managing Director
Supervisor: Kim Zoppo, Venue Experience Manager – WaterFire Arts Center
Term: Fall / Winter/ Spring / Summer
Full-time and part-time positions available; flexible scheduling.
Compensation: Unpaid | May be used for academic credit, career exploration, or service learning. Applicants are encouraged to check with their Career Center for possible funding resources from their college or university.
Mission Statement of WaterFire Providence:
WaterFire Providence’s mission is to inspire Providence and its visitors by revitalizing the urban experience, fostering community engagement, and creatively transforming the city by presenting WaterFire for all to enjoy and curating world-class art experiences at the WaterFire Arts Center.
WaterFire seeks an outgoing, energetic, and detail-oriented student who possesses extremely strong communication skills, good time management, and can handle multiple projects and deadlines in an efficient manner. The Venue Management and Programming intern will provide support in the management of the WaterFire Arts Center through a variety of activities, including clerical and administrative tasks, venue operations and coordination, general marketing, and sponsorship/development, as needed. This is an exciting opportunity to gain experience working with a growing venue space and to learn everyday operations and logistics.
Interns will Gain Experience in:
- Working directly with clients, via in-person or virtual meetings, tours, and phone inquiries
- Writing rental agreements
- Assisting Venue Marketing, specifically through our Arts Center Instagram and Facebook pages
- Working closely with our exclusive catering and audio/visual vendors
- Using and managing scheduling software
- Using project management software
- Conducting Post-Event Analysis
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must have superior verbal and written communication skills
- Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Be able to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, with great attention to detail
- Be professional in dealing with a variety of people
- Be available to work some WFAC Events, when necessary
- Have a genuine interest in art, culture, and community, and WaterFire
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word), and Google Drive, and have general computer and internet proficiency
- Have a sense of humor and a positive outlook!
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please make sure to specify the term you are applying for.