Swim in “School” During Clear Currents
We are excited to share that WaterFire’s Annual Clear Currents will continue for the 2019 season! WaterFire Providence began Clear Currents to celebrate the opening of the Narragansett Bay Commission’s Combined Sewer Overflow; an initiative that has greatly improved water quality throughout the entire bay area.
For more detailed information on the very real successes of the Narragansett Bay Commission, please find more information on our blog:
- WaterFire salutes Narragansett Bay Commission for ten years of success in cleaning up the Bay!
- The Narragansett Bay Commission Helps to Light Up the Rivers
This season’s Clear Currents lighting will occur on Saturday, August 3rd during WaterFire’s TechFire as part of the Summer of Science Series. The event features a community paddling event where registered guest can participate. Clear Currents is one of the few events where participants can be a part of the lighting while on the water!
“It was so cool to see the fires from the water and to be a part of it. I think I was photographed more last night than I have been in the past twenty years. I think the best part was hearing little kids when they saw us…”
– Ted O’Hara, a Clear Currents Participant
Check out these photos from pasts Clear Currents events!
Want to participate?
WaterFire Providence is looking for experienced paddlers, who own a canoe or kayak, to sign up and join us as participants in this unique on-the-water event. Here’s your chance to play an active role in this truly unique work of art! Don’t miss this opportunity to experience WaterFire up close and personal from right on the river!
There is a participation fee to help cover the cost of materials for this exciting event. The fee includes a Clear Currents commemorative T-Shirt for registered participants. Participants registering after 4:00 p.m. on July 22 may not get their first choice of t-shirt size. Please register early to guarantee your selection.
- $45 for a one-person Kayak (solo kayaks only please*)
- $60 for a two-person Canoe (canoes must have 2 paddlers)
- $15 for a co-paddler (someone who will share your canoe/kayak)
All participants must be 18+ years old or be accompanied on board by an experienced paddler who is over the age of 18.
Latest posts by Odina Ellis (see all)
- Swim in “School” During Clear Currents - June 13, 2019
- Recent Event Highlights from the WaterFire Arts Center - February 21, 2019