EPISODE 1 is now available.
Thank you for joining us and creating for #StayHomeWaterFire. Thank you to our hosts Ashley Erling, Executive Producer of The Rhode Show, and Ed Cabral, Manager of Sponsorships and Corporate Relations.
Featuring performances by Rose Weaver, Joe Pari & Eric Auger from Ten31 Productions, Liz Knights from Cirque de Light, Singer-songwriter Brian McKenzie, and BIG NAZO LAB/ STStation. We’ll be sharing #StayHomeWaterFire moments from our community members around the world and there will a special #StayHomeWaterFire version of a WaterFire lighting ceremony.
WaterFire creator and Executive Artistic Director Barnaby Evans will speak with our hosts about WaterFire’s future and the role of art to connect people during this global crisis. We’ll also take a look at WaterFire’s 25 years of making place and building community.
WaterFire creates $114 million in economic output and generates over $9 million in tax revenue for the State of Rhode Island each year. Your donation matters now more than ever as we look to the future and anticipate gathering down at the river together again. We urge you to support WaterFire events through sponsorship or donations to help us continue to be a catalyst for the local and regional economy.
Ways to donate:
- Donate tonight to help us reach our $2,500 #StayHomeWaterFire fundraising goal. Your donation will be matched, dollar for dollar, by a generous gift from Barry and Elaine Fain.
- Support our #GivingTuesdayNow day of giving next Tuesday, May 5th
- Sponsor The WaterFire Beacon of Hope art installation:
- Become a lead sponsor of one night of The Beacon of Hope with a donation of $2,500
How to donate:
- Text ‘waterfire’ to 91999 and follow the link provided to make your gift.
- Visit waterfire.org/donate and make your gift.
Support Your WaterFire Food Vendors
Virtually stroll through our WaterFire Food Vendor Street. Here’s who’s open to get your food fix for tonight:
- Taste of India (pickup + GrubHub)
- Saugy Hot Dogs (available at a retailer near you)
- The Hummingbird Syndicate (delivery options available, call: (678) 549-1146)
- Fire Works Catering (curbside pickup; WaterFire special available!)
- Hometown Poke (curbside pickup and delivery)
- Trinity Brewhouse (curbside pickup)
- Parkside (lunch and dinner take-out)
- Mad Good Cookie (online ordering available + DoorDash)
Shop the Virtual Arts & Craft Festival
Local artists need your support now. Support the WaterFire Art & Craft Festival artists by purchasing from their online stores, scroll through this Facebook album and click on product photos that you love to get the link to their online shop, leave a comment or ask a question by tagging the artist/small business, and share!
We know you are now wondering, how can I participate? Well, here’s how…
Create your #StayHomeWaterFire video:
- Create a 15-30 second video.
- Put your own unique twist on your video. What is your favorite part of the WaterFire experience?
- Improvise with what materials you have to create WaterFire from home
- Create and record, then post it on your favorite social media channel using the hashtag #StayHomeWaterFire + tag us! + tell us where home is! (aka where you’re submitting from!)