This page is updated continuously with new information. Please check back frequently!
WaterFire is on rain or shine. Be brave and join us on the river.
The fires will be lit shortly after sunset (8:08pm) and remain lit until MIDNIGHT.
Tonight’s sponsor is: Bank of America
Bank of America has been a longtime partner of WaterFire and we are proud to continue our commitment to this renowned organization, whose work contributes to the city’s vitality and helps fuel the local economy. This partnership is one example of our continued focus on improving the communities we serve through lending, investing and giving.
“As the braziers burn over the river, local artists and businesses connect to bring this wonderful event to residents of Providence and beyond,” said Bill Hatfield, Rhode Island president, Bank of America. “This partnership is part of our ongoing efforts to improve and enrich the communities where we live and work.”
[youtube info=no link=no]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gnP4AT1XgY[/youtube]
WaterFire Schedule for May 25th, 2013
Before the Fires are Lit
- Rhode Island Historical Society RiverWalk – Discover the winding history and continued importance of Providence’s rivers! Reservations requested: Barbara Barnes @ 401.273.7507 x362 or email@example.com.
5:00pm – 11:30pm – The WaterFire Store
- The WaterFire Store on Canal Street, buy a t-shirt, hoodie, poster, magnet, pendants and much more to help support WaterFire and keep the fires burning.
Sunset (8:08pm) – Midnight
- 80 bonfires on the rivers accompanied by WaterFire Music
Sunset (8:08pm) – 11:00pm – Add Your Light to the Night
- Visit our Guest Stations where you can become a part of the artwork with your own Ribbon of Light; and our Ambassadors can answer your questions and guide you to next great event!
- Share your dedication with the world and light a Luminaria Candle Lantern ($5 per luminaria)
- Make it a Starry, Starry Night by wishing upon a star and become a part of the art! ($10 to hang a wish on a star and $30 to bring home your own illuminating blue star)
8:00pm – 10:00pm – Catch WaterFire Performers along the River
- Spogga, the fire dancer, skillfully dances amidst the sparks spinning fire along the river; you can find him performing on the boats and on ‘The Wall” of braziers in Memorial Park throughout the night
- World War Memorial (in Memorial Park): Be mesmerized The Gargoyles and the Oracles from Ten31 Productions
- Catch Mime Artist Michael Grando portraying Pierrot (Pedrolino) from the Commedia del’arte, in his naive and everlasting quest to win the heart of a beautiful girl; he will be making his way up and down the river tossing visitors complimentary carnations which reflect the connection between life and art.
- Stop by Union Plaza to see the internationally acclaimed, award winning music and dance group, Inca Son. All dressed as their Inca forebearers performing enchanting melodies on their Andean pan-flutes.