This page is updated continuously with new information. Please check back frequently!
WEATHER UPDATE: (June 23 at 7:11 pm) The weather is beautiful here in Providence and we are excited about WaterFire tonight!
Tonight’s Fire Sponsors are:
We are not just about helicopters, golf cars and aircraft, we believe in community responsibility and the arts. The Textron Charitable Trust is proud to support WaterFire Providence. We help build better lives.
Providence Place is a six level super regional shopping, dining and entertainment venue in the heart of downtown Providence. With over 160 retailers, a 16 screen Cinema and Imax Theater and one of a nearly dozen restaurants, Providence Place is the perfect place to spend the day. Our excellent location provides our guests great accessibility to experience all the wonderful art and culture the city as to offer, including WaterFire, literally steps from Providence Place’s door. We invite our guests to enjoy an afternoon filled with great shopping, grab a leisurely bite to eat at one of the many fine restaurants Providence Place has to offer, and step into an evening filled will wonder and magic at WaterFire (you won’t even have to move your car!) Please enjoy Providence Place’s Premier Passport offers, filled with exclusive offers to the stores you love.
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank® is proud to partner with WaterFire Providence. As we grow in Rhode Island, we are thrilled to continue to sponsor the TD Bank Ballroom at WaterFire; a celebration that brings the community together through cultural dance and music. TD Bank is all about making banking easier with legendary service, 7-day banking, the longest hours around, FREE online and mobile banking app, Live Customer Service 24/7 and more than 1,280 convenient locations from Maine to Florida! Visit a location near you.
The fires will be lit shortly after sunset (8:24 p.m.) and remain lit until MIDNIGHT.
WaterFire’s Evening Events:
5:00pm – Midnight
- The WaterFire Store at Canal & Steeple Street buy a hoodie, t-shirt, poster or local artist designed WaterFire pendant and support a great cause
7:00pm – 8:00pm at the TD Bank Ballroom
- Swing dance lessons from Providence Swings
7:00pm – 10:00pm – Explore WaterFire Clue by Clue
- Check out any of the AT&T ‘hot spots’ throughout the park to help you jump start the WaterFire AT&T Scavenger Hunt
7:30pm – 8:15pm at the Basin Stage
- No Last Call, a Street Band Extraordinaire will be performing for the crowd in Waterplace basin
8:00pm – Midnight at the TD Bank Ballroom
- LIVE performances by Roger Ceresi’s All Starz for an unprecedented 8th year in a row accompanied by DJ Wil Reed
8:00pm – 10:00pm – Catch WaterFire Performers along the River
- Spogga, the fire dancer, skillfully dances amidst the sparks spinning fire along the river
- World War Memorial: Be mesmerized The Gargoyles and the Oracles from Ten31 Productions
- Stop by to see Andrew Anselmo, The Origami Guy making paper come alive in Market Square
- Catch Mime Artist Michael Grando portraying Pierrot (Pedrolino) from the Commedia del’arte, in his naive and everlasting quest to win the heart of a beautiful girl; he will be making his way up and down the river tossing visitors complimentary carnations which reflect the connection between life and art
- Stop by Union Plaza to see the internationally acclaimed, award winning music and dance group, Inca Son. All dressed as their Inca forebearers performing enchanting melodies on their Andean pan-flutes
Sunset (8:24pm) – 12:30pm
- 80 Bonfires on the River accompanied by WaterFire Music
Sunset (8:24pm) – 11:00pm
- Donate today by lighting a Luminaria
- Make it a Starry, Starry Night by wishing upon a star and become a part of the installation
- Special tonight! Show your support and be a part of the installation by donating and receiving a Ribbon of Light! There will be pink ribbons of light scattered among the station, winners will receive a $5 gift card for Dunkin Donuts. There will be one (1) special red ribbon of light which will give you and three (3) friends a VIP boat ride through the installation.
Other Events in Providence:
Noon – 10:00pm in Burnside Park– 1st Annual Summer Solstice Celebration On the Plaza
- A FREE, all-day celebration including live art-making, family activities and performances, food trucks, the return of the Burnside Park Beer Garden and an evening of fun music! Click here for details.
7:30pm – 10:30pm at Roger Williams National Memorial – Downtown Sundown Series
- Acoustic Music Concert with Youth Ambassador Program from New Bedford Whaling NHP, WS Monroe, Tracie Potochnik, and Dan Lilley & Scatman
- Location: 282 North Main Street in Providence