This page is updated continuously with new information. Please check back frequently!
WEATHER UPDATE: (7/7 5:14 PM: It’s clear hear in Providence and it looks like it’s going to be a beautiful night.)
The fires will be lit shortly after sunset (8:23 p.m.) and remain lit until MIDNIGHT.
Tonight’s Fire Sponsors are:
“Citizens Bank is pleased to sponsor this extraordinary event. WaterFire continues to serve as an economic driver for Providence, bringing thousands of people to our beautiful city.” – Ned Handy, President Citizens Bank, Rhode Island & Connecticut
Hotels: Courtyard Marriott, Hampton Inn & Suites, Hotel Providence, Providence Biltmore, Providence Hilton, Providence Marriott Downtown, Renaissance Providence, and the Omni Providence Hotel. Restaurants: The Capital Grille, E&O Tap, Hemenway’s Restaurant, Lola’s Tequila Bar & Cantina, Marra Restaurant Group, Mill’s Tavern, Parkside Rotisserie & Bar, Red Stripe, Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Taste of India, Waterplace Restaurant, and Whiskey Republic. Friends: Providence Warwick Visitors & Convention Bureau and WaterFire Donors.
“Sponsoring WaterFire is important for us. We bring about 4000 pre-college students to the Summer@Brown programs and we want to help provide a vibrant and exciting community. WaterFire is a wonderful addition to the summer experience for our students, their families and the whole community.”
– Karen Sibley, Dean Continuing Education, Brown University
WaterFire’s Evening Events:
5:00pm – 11:30pm
- The WaterFire Store at Canal Street buy a hoodie, t-shirt, poster or local artist designed WaterFire pendant and support a great cause
6:00pm – 10:30pm
- Look for the Verizon tent on Canal Street (between Steeple and Washington) and enter a raffle for a family four pack to all you can eat BBQ at the Pawtucket Redsox game on August 16th!
Need a place to relax? Come stop by the Yelp lounge on Canal Street (between Steeple and Washington) and put up your feet!
- Check out a new tee shirt design by Venture for America in front of the Rhode Island School of Design auditorium (right near Market Square), the group is raising money for WaterFire and what better way to do it then selling a cool t-shirt! Thanks to Teespring for printing the shirts and supporting the cause!
8:00pm – 10:00pm – Catch WaterFire Performers along the River
- Spogga, the fire dancer, skillfully dances amidst the sparks spinning fire along the river
- World War Memorial: Be mesmerized The Gargoyles and the Oracles from Ten31 Productions
- Catch Mime Artist Michael Grando portraying Pierrot (Pedrolino) from the Commedia del’arte, in his naive and everlasting quest to win the heart of a beautiful girl; he will be making his way up and down the river tossing visitors complimentary carnations which reflect the connection between life and art
- Stop by Union Plaza to see the internationally acclaimed, award winning music and dance group, Inca Son. All dressed as their Inca forebearers performing enchanting melodies on their Andean pan-flutes
Sunset (8:23pm) – 12:30pm
- 80 Bonfires on the River accompanied by WaterFire Music
Sunset (8:23pm) – 11:00pm
- Donate today by lighting a Luminaria
- Make it a Starry, Starry Night by wishing upon a star and become a part of the installation
- Special tonight! Show your support and be a part of the installation by donating and receiving a Ribbon of Light! There will be pink ribbons of light scattered among the station, winners will receive a $5 gift card for Dunkin Donuts. There will be one (1) special red ribbon of light which will give you and three (3) friends a VIP boat ride through the installation.