This page is updated continuously with new information. Please check back frequently!
Tonight’s sponsors are Schneider Electric & Nortek, Inc.
WaterFire is proud to welcome back a long time supporter and co-lead fire sponsor, Schneider Electric for the 2013 season.
“Schneider Electric is proud once again to support WaterFire which is such a cultural staple and an integral Providence experience.” – Laurent Vernerey Executive Vice President, Schneider Electric
Nortek is a longtime supporter of the arts in Providence and proud sponsor of WaterFire.
June 8th WaterFire Event Map
WaterFire Schedule for July 13th, 2013
5:00 pm – 11:30 pm – The WaterFire Store
- The WaterFire Store on Canal Street, buy a t-shirt, hoodie, poster, magnet, pendants and much more to help support WaterFire and keep the fires burning.
6:00 pm – 10:30 pm WaterFire Arts Festival Plaza on Washington Street
The WaterFire Arts Festival Plaza will be a venue for artists and fine artisans to sell their work during WaterFire. Featured will be vendors who create handmade jewelry, sculpture, glass, paintings, photography, prints, and ceramics.
7:00 pm – 11:00 pm Ignite Providence Performances at the Steeple Street Stage
As part of Ignite Providence, WaterFire is pleased to announce the July 13 schedule for the Steeple Street Music Stage featuring master percussionist, Jesus Andujar. Free and open to the public, music from 7:00 pm to 11:30 pm with a Beer and Wine Garden.
- 7:00 pm – The Alex Chapman Jazz Trio
- 8:00 pm – The Michelle Cruz Quartet
- 9:30 pm – Jesus Andujar & Grupo Sazon
7:00 pm – 10:30 pm Free Coffee Coolata samples from Dunkin’ Donuts
Stop by the Dunkin’ Donuts sampling booth at the corner of Canal and Washington Streets for a cool, refreshing Coolata sample.
6:30 pm – Midnight Bike Valet Service from Recycle-A-Bike
Planning on biking to WaterFire? The Bike Valet service will provide you with an easy, secure, and FREE place to park your bike will attending the event. The Bike Valet will be located on South Main Street across from the Providence Superior Court Building. Recycle-A-Bike will gladly accept donations of $1 for each bike.
Sunset (8:21 pm) – Midnight
- 80 bonfires on the rivers accompanied by WaterFire Music
Sunset (8:21 pm) – 11:00 pm – Add Your Light to the Night
- Visit our Guest Stations where you can become a part of the artwork with your own Ribbon of Light, and our Ambassadors can answer your questions and guide you to the next great event!
- Share your dedication with the world and light a Luminaria Candle Lantern ($5 per luminaria)
- Make it a Starry, Starry Night by wishing upon a star and become a part of the art! ($10 to hang a wish on a star and $30 to bring home your own illuminating blue star)
8:00 pm – 10:00 pm – Catch WaterFire Performers along the River
- Fire dancer Benjamin Reynolds will be making his WaterFire debut. Watch as he skillfully dances amidst the sparks spinning fire along the river; you can see him performing on the boats and on ‘The Wall” of braziers in Memorial Park throughout the night.
- World War Memorial (in Memorial Park): Be mesmerized The Gargoyles and the Oracles from Ten31 Productions
- Stop by Union Plaza to see the internationally acclaimed, award-winning music and dance group, Inca Son. All dressed as their Inca fore-bearers performing enchanting melodies on their Andean pan-flutes.