WaterFire’s 2022 Season Has Ended!
Saturday, July 30
RI Defeats Hep C
Supported by Textron Charitable Trust, AbbVie, JPMorgan Chase, & Gilead
Full Lighting – Sunset (8:06 pm) – Midnight
· Food & Artist Markets open at 6:30 pm
· Steeple Street Stage performances begin at 8:00 pm
Saturday, August 13
Celebrating Rhode Island’s Communities of Color
Supported by Papitto Opportunity Connection
Full Lighting – Sunset (7:48 pm) – Midnight
· Food and Artist Markets open at 6:00 pm
· The POC Community Village will open at 6:00 pm
· Performances at the Waterplace Place Basin, Steeple Street, and Washington Street Bridge stages will begin at 6:00 pm
Saturday, August 27
Clear Currents Community Paddling Night
Supported by Amica Insurance & BankNewport
Full Lighting – Sunset (7:27 pm) – Midnight
· Food fair and artist market vendors open at 6:30 pm
· Morris Dancing Medley performance in Waterplace Park 4:15-7:15 pm
Saturday, September 24
Celebrating Educational Excellence in Rhode Island with the Rhode Island Department of Education
Supported by Rhode Island Department of Education, XQ Institute, Fidelity Investments, and igus
Full Lighting – Sunset (6:39 pm) – Midnight
· Food fair and artists’ market vendors open at 5:30 pm
· Rhode Island Department of Education’s Teacher of the Year awards ceremony will be held in Memorial Park from 3:00-6:30 pm
· XQ Institute’s XQ+RI Teachers’ Lounge will be open on Washington Street Bridge from 6:00-10:00 pm
· Music Program
October 22, 2022
Supported by Brown University – Celebrating Brown’s Commitment and Partnership to the City of Providence
Full Lighting – Sunset (5:54 pm) – 11:00 pm
· Food fairs, artists’ market vendors, and other onshore activations open at 5:00 p.m.
· Music Program
Saturday, November 5
WaterFire Salute to Veterans
Supported by lead sponsor General Dynamics Electric Boat with additional support from Rhode Island Energy, Providence VA Medical Center, and Starwood Energy Group.
Full Lighting – Sunset (5:35 pm) – 10:00 pm
· Salute to Veterans Ceremony begins at 4:30 pm in Waterplace Park
· Food Fairs and Artist Vendors open at 4:30 pm
· Music Program
Saturday, December 1-3
WaterFire’s Holiday Celebration
Supported by Mutual of America to benefit Children’s Friend.
· Three Nights of WaterFire (partial lightings), Waterplace Park
5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
· Part of the City of Providence’s Three Nights of Light celebration
· Music Program
This page is the most up-to-date event schedule resource.
- Subscribe to the 2022 WaterFire Season Schedule (iCal)
- Download a printable version of our 2022 Season Schedule (PDF)
- Stay tuned and thank you for your ongoing support.
Proposals, anniversaries, date nights. Make memories at WaterFire.
Your support of the WaterFire Future Fund is more vital now than ever!
Sign up for our newsletter to get schedule updates and other WaterFire news in your inbox!
No events today. Select another day on the calendar.
Thanks to our 2022 WaterFire Season Supporters
WaterFire Providence would like to thank our 2022 WaterFire Season Supporters for their ongoing support: State of Rhode Island, Governor Daniel J. McKee; Rhode Island Commerce; The City of Providence, Mayor Jorge Elorza; The Providence City Council; The Rhode Island General Assembly; Papitto Opportunity Connection; Brown University; Providence Tourism Council; General Dynamics Electric Boat; Mutual of America; XQ Institute; Rhode Island School of Design; Fidelity Investments; Rhode Island Department of Education; The Gordon School; Celebrity Cruises; Bank of America; Amica Insurance; Textron Charitable Trust; YPO Gold New England; Igus; Bank Newport; IGT; Cox Business; AbbVie; New England Bridge Conference; Rhode Island State Council of the Arts; Providence Warwick Convention & Visitors Bureau; Skyline at Waterplace; JP Morgan Chase; Starwood Energy; Grow @Annenberg; Gilead Sciences, Inc.; Berkshire Bank; Lifespan; RI Day of Portugal; CSL Plasma; Dibbs Inc; Walgreens, New England Aerial Services; University Gastrointestinal; Stanley Tree Service, Inc; Cox Media; Rhode Island Monthly; WPRI 12 & FOX Providence & The Rhode Show; Cumulus Media; iHeartMedia, Inc.; The Providence Journal; Hire A Helper; HomeLight; and LAZ Parking.
All Full WaterFire lightings light up over eighty braziers from Waterplace Park to Memorial/South Main Street Park on scheduled evenings throughout the season. Lighting occurs shortly after sunset and the fires will remain lit until midnight (unless otherwise noted).
Basin lightings include the circle of twenty-two braziers in the Waterplace Park Basin and the five braziers leading up to the Providence Place Mall.
Partial lightings can include braziers in any section of the river. Partial lightings typically encompass only one section of the river but may include more than one.
WaterFire Providence’s Plan Your Trip to Providence web page is the #1 resource for up-to-date details about the event, transportation, parking, hotels, restaurants, and other local attractions.
Each year WaterFire attracts nearly 1 million visitors to downtown Providence to experience art in the city. Annually, WaterFire activity creates $113 million in economic output for local businesses, generates over $9 million of tax revenue for the State of Rhode Island, and supports 1,294 jobs for community residents.
Fire marshal regulations do not permit folding chairs to be set up on any of the riverwalks to assure safe passage for all of our visitors. WaterFire is an event to be explored and savored on foot as you wander around to discover its many surprises, leave your chairs in the car, and start exploring all that our event has to offer.