WaterFire welcomes Square Wallet users with some burning hot special offers!
We are always looking to create a better experience for WaterFire visitors. This year we are introducing new digital payments technology, Square Wallet, for all Official WaterFire merchandise purchases and donations made at the Official WaterFire Store or at Official WaterFire Guest Stations throughout the installation. No more fumbling for cash or credit cards in the dark!
What is Square Wallet?
Square Wallet is a smart phone app securely linked to your credit or debit card which allows you to keep your “old school” wallet in your pocket and make transactions simply by name. Square Wallet is compatible with Apple devices running iOS 5.0 and up and Android devices running Android 2.2 and up.
WaterFire staff will be using Square Register at the Official WaterFire Store and at all Official WaterFire Guest Stations throughout the installation which will allow us and you to handle a quick, friction free, personal transaction. Here’s an Associated Press story about how it works:
Why should you download the Square Wallet app?
- Convenience: Square Wallet will allow you to avoid fumbling for your wallet, credit cards or cash in the dark at WaterFire. In fact, you don’t even have to take your phone out of your pocket, the WaterFire Square Register will immediately recognize you if your phone is on and the app is installed.
- Speed: Square transactions are fast! You don’t have to dig through your pockets looking for cash or credit cards and we don’t have to worry about making change for that $100 bill.
- Receipts: Need a receipt for your transaction? No problem, we can instantaneously email one to you.
- Special Offers: Last, but certainly not least, if you have Square Wallet installed on your smartphone, we’ll be giving you some exclusive special offers not available to other WaterFire visitors.
- The first time you use Square Wallet to make a purchase at the Official WaterFire Store or at any of the Official WaterFire Guest Stations throughout the installation, you will receive 30% off your entire purchase.
- After that you will be automagically enrolled in the WaterFire rewards programs where after completing ten purchases or donations of $10 dollars or more throughout the 2013 season you will receive $10 off at your next purchase.
But it’s not just about WaterFire. Here’s what else can Square Wallet do for you:
- Easily share Merchant Gift Cards with friends and family
- Keep track of purchase history
- Browse the Square Directory to see which other local merchants are accepting payments with Square Wallet.
About the author
I've worked at WaterFire Providence since 2003. For the first 9 years of my career, I worked in the Production Shop learning all of the details that go into the physical production of the event. In 2012 transitioned to the role of managing WaterFire's social media and web presence. I now head up WaterFire Providence's digital projects including, web, social, databases, and our physical IT infrastructure.