WaterFire Providence, one of the leading creative placemaking practitioners in the country, is currently seeking individuals to join its growing team. This position will support events and exhibitions at the WaterFire Arts Center (WFAC), a brand new facility opened in May 2017. Working in coordination with the Venue Experience Manager, this individual will serve as a part-time, on-call event lead and will be responsible for providing great customer service and proactive maintenance for the WFAC. This position will provide general troubleshooting support and act as the WaterFire liaison with our event management partners from Russell Morin Catering & Events.
This role is perfect for someone who is interested in part-time behind-the-scenes work, friendly, detail-oriented and demonstrates extraordinary customer service. It offers the opportunity to become engaged with a world-renowned arts organization and its community.
- Providing access for clients, vendors, and other parties utilizing the WFAC.
- Aiding in general facility operations including lights, electric, restrooms, HVAC, and door access.
- Maintain safe, orderly, and clean facilities during events.
- Working on your feet for 4 to 5 hours per shift (or up to 9 hours for all-day events).
- Cleaning and stocking all facility restrooms or working with hired custodial staff.
- Communicating effectively with visitors, other staff, clients and management.
- Work with and assist the Visitor Support and Store Clerk Volunteer, making sure the WaterFire Store is staffed at all times (some smaller events may require shifts working in the Store).
- Creating a positive and educational experience for all visitors.
- Comprehend, direct, and implement emergency duties, including, but not limited to venue evacuations.
- Proactively communicate with all levels and work collaboratively with WaterFire staff, Russell Morin Catering staff, and clients.
- Prior customer service experience required.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters in a positive manner.
- You must be responsible, dependable and punctual.
- We ask that you can comfortably and safely lift and carry at least 30 lbs and have reliable transportation.
- Must be a team player, highly motivated and energetic.
- The ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
Primary Location: WaterFire Arts Center (475 Valley Street, Providence, RI 02908)
Schedule: Part-time, On-call
Shifts: Daytime, Nights and Weekends
How to Apply:
Please send resume, cover letter, and additional documentation, and at least two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include WaterFire Arts Center Staff Position in the subject line of your email. No telephone calls, please. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
WaterFire Providence is an equal opportunity employer.