WaterFire Providence, one of the leading creative placemaking practitioners in the country, is currently seeking new team members to join its Event Day Staff. If you enjoy non-stop, fast-paced event coordination, this position will keep you moving! These individuals will be intimately involved in the coordination and production of all full WaterFire event lightings and special events produced by this world-renowned arts organization.
The WaterFire Event Day Staff Team Member positions are in our Events and Operations Department and report directly to the Director of Events & Operations.
- Assists with general event production and event support.
- Responsible for but not limited to reception coordination, volunteer management, electric installation, lighting/audio installation, event logistics, fire safety, & crowd control.
- Includes the setup and coordination of all WaterFire Providence event lightings including tent installation, boat wrangling, onshore station setups and other event-related art installations.
- Plays a key role in our Special Ops team including set-up and organizing many of the sponsor torch processions and other event surprises.
- Works with and leads our volunteer teams during events.
- Ideally, you are responsible, flexible, personable, and overall fun to be with.
- Must have the ability to work long hours during outside events in any type of weather.
- We ask that you can comfortably and safely lift and carry at least 30 lbs and that you have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Requires basic computer skills including experience using Google Drive.
- Must possess excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Must be a team player with a tough skin!
- Bonus Skills: Boating Knowledge/Safety Training, Event Planning/Management, Volunteer Management
- Requires attendance at all full WaterFire event lightings (10-13 events from May-December).
- Negotiable depending on experience and qualifications. $10 – $12/hour.
- This is a part-time seasonal position for 15-30 hours during the week of an event.
How to Apply:
Please send resume, cover letter, any additional documentation, and at least two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Event Day Staff Team Member” in the subject line.