WaterFire Providence, one of the leading creative placemaking practitioners in the country, is currently an individual to join its growing team. Under the supervision of the Director of Events and Operations and the Production Manager, the individual will serve as Production Team Member and be involved in the coordination and production of all aspects of the lighting events in downtown Providence and other special events produced by this world-renowned arts organization.
Candidates for this position will be highly organized individuals who have proven experience in one specialized trade or more and thrive in a fast-paced, creative, collaborative environment. These individuals will gain firsthand experience in effective communication, organization, and planning to increase the capacity of a small and growing non-profit organization that is known worldwide.
- Provide set-up, troubleshooting, repair, and strike of all equipment at every downtown Providence WaterFire lighting including tent installations, electrical, audio, lighting, and other art installations
- Upkeep of the WaterFire boats on the Providence River for all WaterFire lightings.
- Set up, troubleshoot, and repair event staging, audio, lighting, and sound equipment.
- Provide on-site support for all other WaterFire event teams including staff, sponsors, and volunteers.
- Brainstorm, implement, and execute event plans and timelines.
- Maintain the quality and upkeep of all WaterFire warehouse equipment, tools, and materials.
- Maintenance and repair of the fleet of event U-Hauls, pick-up trucks, and other vehicles.
- Maintenance and repair of the boats and the river installation of braziers and buoys.
- Maintenance and repair of event equipment: electrical, audio, tents, torches, and special ops.
- Assist in loading and unloading event trucks for each WaterFire event lighting.
- Comply with and understand all safety rules and job hazards.
- Proactively communicate and work collaboratively with the WaterFire Production team, staff, volunteers, and interns.
- Assist in training event day staff and volunteers to improve overall performance and productivity.
- Proficient in one or more following fields: Metalwork, electrical, automotive, carpentry, painting.
- (currently looking for an individual with professional automotive skills)
- High School Diploma
- Two or more years of relevant work experience or equivalent vocational training is preferred.
- Project management experience and leadership skills are preferred.
- Working knowledge of power tools is required.
- Truck and Marine Motor repair is a plus.
- Forklift and Scissor Lift skills preferred.
- Ability to operate effectively, contributing positively to team operations and working relationships.
- Requires attendance at all WaterFire event lighting.
- Ability to work long hours, including nights and weekends, outdoors in any weather.
- Flexible and adaptable – very important in this rapidly evolving organization.
- Strong communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills and resolutions.
- Knowledge of Gmail, Microsoft Office, and Google (Drive, Documents, & Calendar) preferred.
- Must be able to comfortably and safely lift and carry at least 70 lbs.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are required.
Benefits & Wages:
This is a full-time, hourly wage position. Competitive salary commensurate with experience starting at $20 per hour. Advancement opportunities are available. Employee opt-in benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, and a retirement savings plan. Paid time off. The job schedule is typically Monday to Friday days; adjusted during events with nights and weekends required.
- Please apply with Indeed.com, only. No telephone calls or emails, please.
- All applying candidates must submit a current updated resume with their application to be considered
- Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. The position is open until Tuesday, February 7, 2023.
- WaterFire Providence is an equal-opportunity employer.