This page is updated continuously with new information. Please check back frequently! (update 10/5/2013)
Tonight’s sponsors are: Webster Bank
“Season after season, WaterFire brings great joy, peace and a sense of genuine community to all who experience it,” said Bob Twomey, Webster Bank’s regional president for Rhode Island and southeastern Massachusetts. “Webster Bank is very pleased to play a small role in that by returning as a season sponsor for the seventh consecutive year.”
WaterFire Schedule for October 5th, 2013
5:00pm – 11:30pm – The WaterFire Store
- The WaterFire Store on Canal Street, buy a t-shirt, hoodie, poster, magnet, pendants and much more to help support WaterFire and keep the fires burning.
5:00pm – 12:00am – Experience RI Saturday Night Shuttle
Introducing a fun, comfortable, hassle-free way to enjoy Providence and support WaterFire for every WaterFire the rest of this season! For $10 per person ($5 for kids 12 and under), you can enjoy unlimited hop on/hop off shuttle service between some of Providence’s most popular restaurants and attractions andthe WaterFire Arts Festival Plaza. Now along with taking in WaterFire, you can dine at one of our great restaurants, or shop at some of our wonderful boutique stores, all while learning about our fantastic downtown on a narrated shuttle ride! At the same time, you will also be helping to support WaterFire, because $5 from every adult ticket purchased will be given back to WaterFire! So hop on board the Experience Rhode Island shuttle, support WaterFire, and have a wonderful time this Saturday night. To get on the Experience Rhode Island shuttle, park your car for free at exit 23 off I-95 at the State Offices parking lot. The shuttle picks up all passengers right at the entrance of the Department of Health building. The shuttle will come by every 30 minutes beginning at 5:00pm, and will go till 12:00am. Tickets may be purchased right at the shuttle. See a map of the route the Experience Rhode Island shuttle follows.
6:00pm – 10:00pm - Brown University/Trinity Rep MFA Programs present Shakespeare at WaterFire
The Brown University/Trinity Rep MFA Programs presents scenes from two of Shakespeare’s wittiest comedies, Much Ado About Nothing, directed by Flordelino Lagundino (’15) and Twelfth Night or What You Will, directed by Dan Rogers (’15).
6:00pm – 11:00pm The WaterFire Arts Festival Plaza on Washington Street
With over a dozen local artists offering fine art for sale with a wide variety of vendors from paintings and photography, to handcrafted jewelry and ceramics, to glassware and more, you’re sure to find locally crafted treasures to take home with you.
Sunset (6:22pm) – Midnight
- 80 bonfires on the rivers accompanied by WaterFire Music
Sunset (6:22pm) – 11:00pm – Add Your Light to the Night
- Visit our Guest Stations where you can become a part of the artwork with your own Ribbon of Light; and our Ambassadors can answer your questions and guide you to next great event!
- Share your dedication with the world and light a Luminaria Candle Lantern ($5 per luminaria)
- Make it a Starry, Starry Night by wishing upon a star and become a part of the art! ($10 to hang a wish on a star and $30 to bring home your own illuminating blue star)
8:00pm – 10:00pm – Catch WaterFire Performers along the River
- Spogga, the fire dancer, skillfully dances amidst the sparks spinning fire along the river; you can find him performing on the boats and on ‘The Wall” of braziers in Memorial Park throughout the night.
- Benjamin Reynolds will be playing the double-bass under the WWII Memorial in Memorial Park.
- World War Memorial (in Memorial Park): Be mesmerized The Gargoyles and the Oracles from Ten31 Productions.