This page is updated continuously with new information. Please check back frequently! Updated: 8.23.2103 12:41pm – The weather will be lovely!
The fires will be lit shortly after sunset (7:33pm) and remain lit until MIDNIGHT.
Tonight’s sponsor is: Cox Business
“Cox Business is proud to co-sponsor the lighting of two-thirds of a mile of riverfront with its 12th annual Cox event. WaterFire is a great catalyst for Rhode Island’s economy, people, culture, and the arts.”
- Mark Scott, VP Cox Business and VP, WaterFire Board of Directors
WaterFire Schedule for August 24th, 2013
2:00pm – Midnight - Red Fork Empire Embassy to Steampunk at the Old Stone Bank
A gallery show like none other! Artists from all over the nation will share their view on Steampunk by showcasing their imagination and creativity given form. This singular event will be held in the magnificent Old Stone Bank on South Main Street, a venue worthy of such an occasion.
5:00pm – 11:30pm – The WaterFire Store
The WaterFire Store on Canal Street, buy a t-shirt, hoodie, poster, magnet, pendants and much more to help support WaterFire and keep the fires burning.
6:00pm – 11:00pm – The WaterFire Arts Festival Plaza on Washington Street
This outdoor show will be held on Washington Street, in the heart of WaterFire. WaterFire Arts Festival Plaza will offer visitors the opportunity to purchase artwork by Rhode Island-based artists.
6:00pm – 12:00am Lovecraftian Performances WaterFire’s Steeple Street Music Stage
- 6:00 – 6:15pm – Eli August and the Abandoned Buildings
- 6:15 – 6:30pm – Frenchy and The Punk
- 6:30 – 7:45pm – The Sultans of Sax an eight piece saxophone ensemble which plays a wide variety of classical and popular jazz music from the early 1900′s through today.
- 8:00 – 9:15pm – Big Nazo Creature Band. These local hometown freaky creatures are frequently seen around town at special events but seeing them perform on stage is a treat for everyone!
- 9:45 – 10:45pm – Difference Engine
- 11:00pm – 12:00am – Darkest of the Hillside Thickets. Hailing all the way from Vancouver, BC, just to perform at the Lovecraft Convention, Darkest of the Hillside Thickets is a rock band dedicated to promoting the literature of H.P. Lovecraft.
6:30pm – 11:00pm Special Musical and Dance Performances at the Basin Stage in Waterplace Park
- 6:30 – 6:45pm Painless Parker
- 6:50 – 7:05 Eli August and the Abandoned Buildings
- 7:10 – 7:25 Frenchy and the Punk
- 7:30 – 7:45pm – TropiGals
- 7:53 WaterFire Lighting Ceremony
- 10:00 – 11:00pm Call of Cthulu: Forrest Larson and Zube Tube Chorus
Sunset (7:33pm) – Midnight
80 bonfires on the rivers accompanied by WaterFire Music
Sunset (7:33pm) – 11:00pm – Add Your Light to the Night
- Visit our Guest Stations where you can become a part of the artwork with your own Ribbon of Light; and our Ambassadors can answer your questions and guide you to next great event!
- Share your dedication with the world and light a Luminaria Candle Lantern ($5 per luminaria)
- Make it a Starry, Starry Night by wishing upon a star and become a part of the art!
8:00pm – 10:00pm – Catch WaterFire Performers along the River
- Spogga, the fire dancer, skillfully dances amidst the sparks spinning fire along the river; you can find him performing on the boats and on ‘The Wall” of braziers in Memorial Park throughout the night
- World War Memorial (in Memorial Park): Be mesmerized The Gargoyles and the Oracles from Ten31 Productions
- Stop by Union Plaza to see the internationally acclaimed, award winning music and dance group, Inca Son. All dressed as their Inca fore-bearers performing enchanting melodies on their Andean pan-flutes.
10:00 – 10:30pm on the Confluence – The Myth Makers
The year of the Cicada: The Chorus of the Cicada Fire Sculpture
A fire sculpture by The Myth Makers: Donna Dodson & Andy Moerlein
For many people, there is something particularly fascinating, and even horrifying about the 17-year cycle of the giant cicada. The bug lives a solitary lifestyle underground for 17 years and then emerges in a blur of wings and mating songs with billions of other bugs to reproduce and spawn another generation of cicadas. 2013 was the year of the cicada. Come witness the Myth Makers bring this bug to life!