Questa pagina viene aggiornata continuamente con nuove informazioni. Si prega di controllare di frequente!
In collaboration with the Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Resource Foundation, the bonfires in the basin will be lit at 7:45pm with a special 150 person torch salute in honor of those living with breast cancer and those lost to the disease. Questo evento sarà preceduto dalla accensione del resto dell'impianto a WaterFire 7:00pm. WaterFire will remain lit until MIDNIGHT.
Weather Update: Saturday looks to be a cool fall day, some clouds and little to no rain in the forecast. Dress warm and come enjoy the event!
TRAFFIC: WaterFire brings many people to downtown Providence, the crowd and traffic is significantly heavier on this particular event. In order to enjoy your time at the event we advise you to try to come down as early as possible. Delays and potential road closings are expected.
Flames of Hope: A Celebration of Life at WaterFire is sponsored by Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Resource Foundation
FIAMME DI SPERANZA: A CELEBRATION OF LIFE™ was created to promote breast cancer awareness and education and to honor people living with breast cancer. E 'cresciuta in uno dei più grandi eventi di sensibilizzazione nel Nord-Est con tre giorni di ispirazione di istruzione, sostegno e speranza. The pinnacle of the weekend is the moving Illuminations of Life Ceremony. At the conclusion of the Illuminations of Light tribute in front of the State House, there will be a torch procession down to Waterplace Park with one hundred and fifty torches (7:45pm) carried by breast cancer survivors, they will then circle the basin with luminaria candle lanterns as the fires are being lit in the basin.
Downtown Providence will be the pinkest place on the planet this Columbus Day Weekend-October 5, 6, e 7 -as more than 100,000 Rhode Islanders take in educational exhibits, health screenings, cibo, arts, mestieri, musica, shopping, and lots of family fun. The focus of this year’s event, “Breast cancer is not just your grandmother’s disease,” is a slogan designed to highlight the new, younger face of the illness.
About the Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Resource Foundation:
The Gloria Gemma Foundation was established in 2004 in loving memory of Gloria J. Gemma and to honor her courageous fight against breast cancer. The organization’s mission is to raise breast cancer awareness; increase breast health education; enhance the quality of life for breast cancer patients, as well as their families and friends; and generate funding for local breast health programs. Per ulteriori informazioni, please call 401-861-HERO (4376) o visitare il sito www.gloriagemma.org.
Mezzogiorno – Official opening of Celebration Village in Station Park including:
- The Education & Wellness Pavilion: Meet & learn from area hospitals and health care providers;
- The Interactive Health Zone: Free health screenings and innovative health and wellness products;
- The Garden of Hope: Learn about the Foundation’s new horticultural therapy program, a collaboration with Craig Marciniak of Tranquil Water Gardens;
- “Breaking Board for Cancer,” in the Mastery Ampitheater (actual breaking of the boards at 9:00pm);
- The Healing Arts Pavilion: Contribute to the Foundation’s Starfish Project, an ongoing participatory public art installation;
- The Kitchen Stadium: Healthy Cooking Demonstrations by local vendors and Food Network Star Michelle Ragussis at 1 PM and 4 PM and the official launch of “A Gem of a Cookbook,” Gemma’s survivor penned publication.
5:00 – 11:30pm – WaterFire Merchandise
- Il WaterFire Negozio a Canal Street buy a hoodie, maglietta, poster or a local artist designed WaterFire pendant and support a great cause
5:30pm - Pink Party Presented by ARS
- Enjoy some light fair, live music and dancing! Introducing an all dessert experience. Admission is $25 and all proceeds benefit the Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Resource Foundation. To purchase tickets, please call 401-861-HERO (4376).
- Look for the Verizon Communications tent on College Street for information, great prizes and giveaways!
- Visita Dunkin’ Donuts on Canal Street and try some of their great new flavors, including Pumpkin Mocha and Pumpkin White Chocolate hot lattes
- Scopri D’Angelo’s Grilled Sandwiches tent at the corner of Canal & Steeple Street for some great coupons and other gifts!
- Donate today by lighting a Luminaria Candle Lantern in Memorial Park
- Ne fanno un Stellato, Starry Night by wishing upon a star and become a part of the installation in Memorial Park
- Show your support and be a part of the installation by donating and receiving a Ribbon of Light at WaterFire stations throughout the park! Ci saranno nastri rosa di luce sparsi tra la stazione, vincitori riceveranno un $5 gift card for Dunkin Donuts. Ci saranno uno (1) speciale nastro rosso della luce che darà a voi e tre (3) amici un Giro in barca VIP attraverso l'installazione.
6:30 pm – Illuminations of Life Ceremony starting on the State House steps
- Miss USA 2012, Olivia Culpo, joins the Illuminations of Life Ceremony as torches are carried from the State House to Waterplace Basin in memory of those who have lost their battles with breast cancer and to light the way for those who have yet to begin their journeys. Featuring special performances by John Pagano.
6:45pm – 10:00pm – Cattura Performers WaterFire lungo il fiume
- Spogga, il fuoco ballerino, skillfully dances amidst the sparks spinning fire along the river
- Mondiale War Memorial: Be mesmerized by the Gargoyles and the Oracles from Ten31 Productions
- Catch Mimo Michael Grando raffigurante Pierrot (Pedrolino) dalla Commedia del'arte, in his naive and everlasting quest to win the heart of a beautiful girl; he will be making his way up and down the river tossing visitors complimentary carnations which reflect the connection between life and art
- Stop di Union Square per vedere la fama internazionale, Music Award vincere e gruppo di danza, Inca Son. Tutti si sono vestiti come i loro antenati Inca esecuzione di melodie incantevoli sul loro flauti andini pan-
7:00pm – 10:30pm – Alex & Ani Bangle Bar
- Stroll through the ‘bangle bar’ on College Street bridge during WaterFire
7:00pm – Lighting of the Fires except for those in Waterplace Park Basin
- Bonfires along the river (except for those in the basin) will be lit accompanied by WaterFire Musica
7:45pm - Lighting of the bonfires in Waterplace Basin
- 150 torches and luminaria candle lanterns will surround the basin and the 19 fires in the circle will be lit; there will also be special performances on the basin stage near Waterplace Restaurant and on the bow of a WaterFire boat!
8:00pm – Hope is Alive: Providence at Station Park
- Main stage featuring Christine Ohlman, the beehive queen, and Rebel Montez. Don’t forget to check out the voice of the Saturday Night Live band for over 20 anni!
Altri eventi in tutta la città:
- Flames of Hope: A Celebration of Life Columbus Day Weekend Events:
Venerdì, Ottobre 5: 6:00 PM – Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at the Providence Marriott and the 2013 “Celebrate Hope, Celebrate Life” Calendar unveiling.
Sabato, 6 ottobre: All Day & Night (see descriptions above) o visitare il sito flamesofhoperi.com.
Sunday, Ottobre 7: 10:15 AM - Gloria Gemma Kids 1K- New this year! & 11:15 AM - Gloria Gemma 5K invites you to run alongside Miss USA 2012 Olivia Culpo and her team mates from former school Bay Side Academy.
- RiverWalk: Prima che i fuochi sono accesi! Scopri la storia e l'importanza di avvolgimento continuo dei fiumi Provvidenza! Urbano scultura all'aperto e splendide edifici civili e commerciali di vari stili architettonici la cornice di storie di presente passato leggendario e dinamica Provvidenza. Tours ultimi 60 il mio. e partono 5:30 p.m. da John Brown House Museum 52 Power Street in Providence. Tickets are $10 a persona e può essere acquistato presso la John Brown House Museum, il giorno del tour. 'Richiesta la prenotazione per questo tour.