The next full lighting of WaterFire will be Saturday, August 18th. The fires will be lit shortly after sunset (7:42 p.m.) and remain lit until MIDNIGHT.
This WaterFire lighting is sponsored by: Fidelity Investments & the Northeast Chapter of the American Association of Airport Executives
There are a lot of exciting special events at this weekend’s WaterFire.
6:15pm – 7:57pm - Capoeira Group performs on the Basin Stage
- Enjoy the Afro-Brazilian martial art of Grupo Ondas that combines fighting, dancing, acrobatics, and music into a “game” that is as breath-taking to watch as it is to play!
7:00pm – Midnight at the TD Bank Ballroom: Salsa Night!
- 7:00 – 8:00pm: Join us for a salsa lesson by Tony Felix and Jeannie Oki
- 8:00 – Midnight: Enjoy LIVE music by Ray Rivera con Sabor Latino and dance performances by groups Mambo Pa Ti andSalsa y Control
7:30pm - Bolivian Performers on the Confluence (off of Steeple St. bridge)
- A traditional pre-Columbian Aymara ritual of fire and water will be performed by Fraternidad Folklorica Boliviana
10:15pm – 10:30pm – Salsa performance on the Basin stage
- Raices Latin Dance group will perform to the WaterFire soundtrack
Latest posts by Tim Blankenship (see all)
- Strike the Match Spring Auction - May 14, 2013
- Inside WaterFire: Navigating Tidal Challenges - April 15, 2013
- Newport Premiere of WaterFire: Art & Soul of a City - March 22, 2013