This time of year we have we have a lot to be thankful for family, turkey with all the trimmings, and all that great shopping. We should also be thankful all of the work non-profits are doing to make a better world for us and our neighbors.
Here are some great organizations working in our community.
- The Rhode Island Food Bank
- The Rhode Island Colation for the Homeless
- The Providence Rescue Mission
- The Rhode Island Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- RI Citizens for the Arts
- New Urban Arts
- Community Music Works
Of course there are many more, The RI Foundation has a list, or check out http://givingtuesday.org for national and international organizations to support. And if you are feeling thankful for WaterFire this year there are many ways to support us as well.
Latest posts by Tim Blankenship (see all)
- Strike the Match Spring Auction - May 14, 2013
- Inside WaterFire: Navigating Tidal Challenges - April 15, 2013
- Newport Premiere of WaterFire: Art & Soul of a City - March 22, 2013